Building Our American Communities (BOAC) Grant Program
Each year, the Building Our American Communities (BOAC) Grant Program provides grants to Missouri 4-H clubs and FFA chapters for projects aimed at developing and advancing Missouri’s rural communities. Recipients of the 2018 BOAC program have been chosen and are listed below.
Projects may include improvements to existing facilities, grounds, or buildings used by local organizations in the applicant’s community. Past BOAC grant projects have included improvements for local fairgrounds, community vegetable gardens, rural intersections and parks, as well as renovations for damaged and aged public use structures in rural communities, including those used by local 4-H and FFA groups.
BOAC grants of up to $500 have been awarded to 11 Missouri 4-H clubs and 11 FFA chapters to support projects that benefit an agricultural community and/or promote community development. The 2018 BOAC grant recipients are:
- Lamar FFA, Lamar (Barton County)
- Spokane FFA, Spokane (Christian County)
- Sullivan FFA, Sullivan (Franklin County)
- Arcadia Valley Career Technology Center FFA, Ironton (Iron County)
- Farmington FFA, Farmington (St. Francois County)
- Stover FFA, Stover (Morgan County)
- California FFA, California (Moniteau County)
- Gallatin FFA, Gallatin (Daviess County)
- Richmond FFA, Richmond (Ray County)
- Elsberry FFA, Elsberry (Lincoln County)
- Newtown-Harris FFA, Newtown (Sullivan County)
- Show Me 4-H, Versailles (Moniteau County)
- Eager Eagles 4-H, Versailles (Moniteau County)
- Camp Branch 4-H, Truxton (Warren County)
- Rough Riders 4-H, Lamar (Barton County)
- City Clovers 4-H, Lamar (Barton County)
- Shafter 4-H, Linneus (Linn County)
- Newtown Community 4-H, Newtown (Sullivan County)
- Rombauer Rascals 4-H, Poplar Bluff (Butler County)
- Purple Clovers 4-H, Park Hills (St. Francois County)
- Farmer City 4-H, Tarkio (Atchison County)
- Wolverines 4-H, Fairfax (Atchison County)
Up to 12, $500 4-H BOAC grants and 12, $500 FFA BOAC grants (two in each of the six districts) are awarded annually.
The deadline to submit the 2018 BOAC completion notice is Aug. 1, 2018.